PRAISE FOR WET INK
"Dense, wild, yet artfully controlled...
- Zachary Woolfe, The New York Times
" ... the fantastic Wet Ink Ensemble combined striking
stylistic and aesthetic assurance with technical perfection."
- Torsten Möller, Dissonanz (Switzerland)
"Comprehensively astounding .... a twenty-first century masterpiece .... a ninety-minute tour de force in which ideas assume sound and form."
- Alex Ross, The New Yorker [on Kate Soper's Ipsa Dixit, written for Wet Ink over 6 years of collaboration]
Alex Ross, The New Yorker
"A brilliant, uncompromising collective of composers, interpreters, and improvisers"
- Steve Smith, The Log Journal
"This composers’ collective and performing ensemble has made a mark in a crowded New York scene with persuasive accounts of uncompromisingly original music by its members, and with its unflagging belief in the power of collaboration."
- Steve Smith, The New Yorker
- Peter Margasak, The Chicago Reader
"Wet Ink’s repertoire includes music that they collectively develop, like a rock band...and the group is a leading interpreter of composers like Anthony Braxton and Christian Wolff...taken together, it all makes for a body of work drawing connections that might seem obvious, even commonplace, were it not for the reality that they have, in actual fact, been woefully under-explored"
- George Grella, Music & Literature
Click thumbnails to download